Church of Saint-Jean-de-Montierneuf
Once an abbey, the church dates back to the 11th century and its façade was restored in the 18th century. Founded by William VII, the altar was dedicated and consecrated in 1096 by Pope Urbain II. A very bright triple nave, raised Gothic chancel, and large stained glass windows permit light to pour into the church. The chancel rests on the Romanesque parts of the vast walkway as do the columns and some of the chapels. The church with its flying buttresses has a Gothic apse and the two small bell turrets recall the bell tower of Notre Dame-la-Grande.