‘Les Gens de Cherves’ cultural association
This farm promotes and maintains the regional culture of the Poitou region, usuing CD, DVD and collections of costumes and tools. Housed in 18th and 19th century buildings, the museum shows you what daily country life was like in Cherves.
Not to be missed:
- the 18th century Mill (the only one of 25 windmills in Mirebeau to have survived into the 21st century).
- The museum with its 12 rooms showing the history of rural life in Cherves
- Multi-media presentations on the local patois and customs
- The Village with its medieval chateau with a squqre keep, close to a Romanesque church
- Mirebeau with its heritage and museums nearby
- the Cherves summer festival
Nearby : Mirebeau, its heritage and museums.