The medieval city of Lusignan located about twenty km south of Poitiers, receives its visitors throughout the year. accommodation and catering on site are possible in all seasons.
The current halls of Lusignan, built in 1853 by the architects Lessieu and Rose, on the site of the medieval halls, occupy a vast rectangular space of 33m by 16m in the historic quarter of the city.
Composed of a central hall and two side lean-tos, they represent one of the last examples of traditional covered markets. Heavy stone pillars mark the four corners.
The entrances (front and rear) are preceded by columns with sculpted capitals forming one body with the pillars; on the side faces, a rosette adorns each stone upright. The roof, carried by a beautiful frame with wooden cabochons, is covered with tiles.