Taste the holidays in the countryside in the Vienne
Are you looking for an idea of a holiday destination in France? Let yourself be tempted by a week in the green and enjoy a real return to nature by discovering the Vienne ! Between relaxation and leisure, the Pays du Futuroscope is ideal for holidays in the countryside. We give you our ideas of activity, rental for the stay...
Try the nature and sporting activities of the Vienne for an unforgettable vacation in France!
La Vienne is a family department rich in leisure activities, close to Paris (1h30 by train)! Whether you want to spend a sporting or relaxing holiday in the countryside, discover a selection of activities to share with your loved ones.
Enjoy walks along the river or in the forests
La Vienne offers beautiful walks along the river. During your holidays in the countryside in France, take a walk on the landscaped paths of the towns crossed by the river of the Vienne. Go for example through the national forest of Châtellerault or even Moulière Forest in Montamisé, the largest in the department.
Le White Cross circuit, in Chauvigny, allows you to discover the imposing medieval city along the river, while enjoying the unmissable view from the viaduct. At L’Isle Jourdain, hiking trails once again offer you a superb view of the Vienne, the main river of the department.
À Poitiers, stroll in a preserved setting along the Clain river, from Moulin de Chasseigne to Ilot Tison. A walk of almost 3 km, ideal for getting some fresh air with family or friends. You will encounter along the way: playground, football and basketball fields, skate park, fitness equipment... Once you reach Tison Island, give yourself a well-deserved break Guinguette Pictave. The bravest can make a detour to the viewpoint of the Dunes, to enjoy a superb panorama of the historic city center and its bell towers.
Playground for children, zip line, canoe trips or mini-golf course... In the south of the department, near Civray, on the banks of the Charente, many activities for young and old are available to you. What to enjoy a beautiful day in the great outdoors with the family!
Get out of the ordinary by spending the night in an unusual rental
Are you looking for unusual accommodation for your stay in the countryside? The department of Vienne, in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region, offers many original vacation rentals that you won't find anywhere else!
• DefiPlanet', located 25 minutes from Futuroscope, is an unusual village surrounded by nature. In this park, you will have the choice between several accommodations, each more original than the next: mushroom house, cabin perched in the trees, caravan, Mongolian yurt or castle in the trees. You will remember this magical night for a long time as a couple or as a family!
• Spend a night in the floating village of Pressac, one of a kind. You will access your ecological floating cabin using a small boat, to become one with nature!
• During your vacation in the countryside, visit the beauty park and walk in a natural setting of 12 hectares. In the evening, live the experience of treehouses to spend an unusual night with your loved one or family in the Vienne. Parc de la Belle offers rentals of family and duo cabins.
• Camping Le Petit Trianon, located near Châtellerault, offers a selection of unusual accommodation. Treehouse, perched bubble, tepees and charming little houses, enjoy a unique night in peace in the heart of a natural environment near Futuroscope!
• In Montmorillon, recharge your batteries in The shack, an adorable 18 m tiny house2 nestled in the countryside, near a walnut tree. Take the time to read and drink a good tea on the large terrace, comfortably seated in one of the rocking chairs and listen to the birdsong.
• At Le Vigeant, a new kind of unusual accommodation welcomes you to admire the starry sky at night. The bubbles of Pre'en Bubbles invite you to a romantic night, under the stars, in the heart of lush vegetation.
Discover all our night ideas to spend an unusual moment in the Vienne.
Visit farms and meet farmers
During your stay in the Vienne, come and meet the farmers. They will be delighted to welcome you to introduce young and old to their profession.
• Live a gourmet micro-adventure with the itineraries “Bike and Cheese” and set off to meet cheese producers on your bicycle. While practicing a sporting activity, you will discover the landscapes and heritage of the region. A feast for the eyes and taste buds ! The department of Vienne offers four loops for cyclists and two mountain bike routes, representing a total of 285 km.
• There Fermotheque in Lathus-Saint-Remy, allows your children to discover life in the countryside on the Limousin cow farm of the Bardet family. Cooking workshops are also offered, which will delight the youngest!
• In the south of Vienne, in Vigeant, visit the small age farm, a small entertainment farm that offers the opportunity to discover farm animals through fun and educational activities for children.
• During your stay in the Vienne, you can also visit the Lathus-Saint-Rémy educational farm. This place is ideal for raising your children's awareness of sustainable development and respect for the environment while discovering farm animals.
• For an original visit to the family farm, go to Leigné-les-bois to discover the snail farm, an atypical snail farm, with possibility of tasting.
• Also worth visiting in the Vienne : the Maras farm, the Coudret farm, or the farm Taillefer.
Take a breath of fresh air in the various natural parks of the Vienne
To the north of New Aquitaine, the Vienne is a territory full of natural parks, the opportunity to take a breath of fresh air during your holidays.
• There Pinail National Nature Reserve, freely accessible throughout the year, allows you to stroll on a discovery trail for 2 hours, between ponds and meadows to discover the fauna and flora. Test the Family Experience and live a unique moment with your family, meeting frogs, water lilies and dragonflies.
• Recharge your batteries as a family at Domaine du Lac de Saint-Cyr by practicing activities for children and adults in the heart of nature: swimming, walks and barbecues are on the program.
• Stroll through the Moulière national forest, the green lung of the department! This forest of approximately 4 hectares is located between Poitiers and Châtellerault.
• The Forest of Scévolles has a pond and pretty marked hiking trails. This green setting is ideal for recharging your batteries during your holidays in the Vienne
Put on your sneakers to discover the heritage of the Vienne
Go on vacation in the Vienne, it is also discovering Cultural Heritage, historical and gastronomic of this department. Between visits to charming villages and tasting local specialties, you will not lack activities during your stay.
Stroll through charming towns and villages
Between tradition and history, the Vienne brings together many small charming villages: come and discover them, for an unforgettable holiday in France!
• Charroux, a small town of character located a few steps from Poitiers, has a real medieval past, which you can observe while strolling there. There is the "Charlemagne" Tower, a vestige of the Saint-Sauveur Abbey founded in 789.
• Montmorillon, city of writing and book trades, is one of the 10 towns and villages of character in the Vienne. Immerse yourself in medieval times by visiting this village, where you will find charming bookshops and artisan workshops.
• Angles-sur-l'Anglin, voted the most beautiful village in France: if you are looking for authentic sites to discover, this pretty picturesque village will not disappoint you! Stroll through its narrow streets steeped in history and admire the old residences from medieval times.
Meet small producers and taste the flavors of the region
During your getaway in the Vienne, do not miss to taste the local specialties and go for a Gourmet road trip in Haut-Poitou. Many farms and producers open their doors for you to test the good products of the Vienne.
• Poitou honey: The bee farm, in Lavoux, offers educational sessions to discover the 5 honeys of Poitou and their production. As a family, discover the profession of beekeeping and take part in a demonstration of honey extraction.
• AT the honey farm, in Saint-Jean-de-Sauves, you can taste different varieties of honey.
• Oils: Taste authentic walnut oil withrock oil mill or toNeuville oil mill by following the artisanal production of this delicious oil.
• The vines: to discover the 2 vineyards with an AOC of Vienne, Upper Poitou and Saumur, take the Wine Route and meet the producers and winegrowers of the Vignobles region. The Domaine du Grand Clos, the Domaine de la Rotisserie, the Ampelidae Domain, the Domaine de Villemont and Domain of the Beaumont Tower welcome you all with joy to offer you tastings of their grape varieties.