Our top activities and places to visit around Futuroscope
You are curious about visit the surroundings of the Futuroscope park , in addition to your stay? We have selected the top activities for you to continue having fun around the park, within a radius of 40 minutes by car around the amusement park. Visit to characterful villages, puzzle games, relaxation in the open air… The choice is yours. Let's go!
1. Poitiers, the mother city of Eleanor of Aquitaine
We no longer present Eleanor of Aquitaine, Queen of France then Queen of England, originally from Poitiers! Only 15 minutes by car from Futuroscope, you will find dozens of dynamic activities and places to have a good time. The city of a hundred steeples has everything to please you!
Here are several ideas for exploring the city and its remains from the Middle Ages:
• Choose an outdoor investigation game : with the Poitiers Tourist Office or Odyssée Prod., the route will take you in the footsteps of the city's best-kept secrets!
• Stroll through the streets rich in half-timbered houses, in search of local products. Go to the House of Tourism and Terroir, in front of the superb Notre-Dame-la-Grande church !
• Take a breath of fresh air on the edge of Clain : the river, which almost encircles the city, offers great opportunities for walks. We love having a good time the Guinguette Pictave located at Îlot Tison, THE place to meet when the weather is nice and warm!
• Visit historical places : the Palace, Saint-Pierre Cathedral, the Saint-Jean Baptistery… Poitiers is not nicknamed “the city of a hundred bell towers” for nothing! On every street corner, heritage imposes itself before your eyes.
Find our 10 ideas for exploring Poitiers and getting to know the town of Eleanor of Aquitaine better.
2. Puzzle games at Château de Monthoiron
Children (and parents!) will love the puzzle games at Château de Monthoiron, located 30 minutes from the Futuroscope theme park!
Leonardo's Treasure offers to follow in the footsteps of Leonardo da Vinci, with the comic book hero Léonard Génie, in a life-size game of investigations in the green. Karmanor's Secret suitable for the youngest, invite you to explore the forest in search of giant insects made of Lego® bricks.
Events are regularly offered such as giant egg hunts at Easter, or storytelling evenings for Halloween.
Exploration is not over with Adventure Games® in Monthoiron : a fun game in the heart of the village, where you will have to help the Humachaï with a curse thanks to the contents of your backpack! (Proposed by the Grand Châtellerault Tourist Office.)
Are you tempted? Go on an adventure in Monthoiron!
3. The Domaine du Lac de Saint-Cyr
This huge 300 hectare park is a real playground for the holidays ! During the summer, the lake is accessible for supervised swimming, with various water activities: pedal boat, canoe, AquaZone, water slides, sailing, fishing...
On land, playgrounds, city stadium, beach volleyball and sandball or pétanque courts are freely accessible. Bike rides, electric scooter rides or walks are possible around the lake, to stretch your legs!
In addition, find on site:
• The restaurant La Table du golf
• A snack by the lake
• The Golf of Haut-Poitou
• The Lac de Saint-Cyr campsite
4. The Medieval City of Chauvigny
It is not 1, 2 or 3 castles that cohabited with this breathtaking view of the Vienne, but 5 castles! What to see in the medieval town of Chauvigny, labeled Most Beautiful Detours of France?
• The Château d’Harcourt, dating from the XNUMXth centuryth century and offering Escape Games several times a year
• The Dungeon of Gouzon and its museum of industrial archeology
• Saint-Pierre Collegiate Church: a superb church with original interior colors
• Pretty cobbled streets and stone houses!
• The Giants of the Sky at the Château des Evêques: a magical falconry show to observe birds from all over the world
In addition, return to the lower town from where the VéloRail of Chauvigny, on the old railway line. Several kilometers of trail await you, with a splendid view of the medieval city on the outward and return journey, as well as an exploration of the Chauvin countryside.
Explore with us the medieval city of Chauvigny! It is also discovered with the course Tèrra Aventura « Authentic bigorne horn, up for grabs! »
5. Châtellerault and its industrial past
- You will be surprised by the visit of Chatellerault Let from its rich industrial past! The emblematic site of the former arms factory, active for almost 150 years, has gradually been transformed to become a cultural space in its own right. Recognizable from afar in the Châtelleraudais landscape with its brick towers, here is what awaits you there:
• The Grand Atelier: art and history museum including the Auto Moto Vélo Museum, an area on the arms factory and the Chat noir cabaret
• The Vilmouth Towers, which culminate at 45 meters high, the bravest are expected at the top of the platforms at 18 meters high to admire the view of the city!
• There La Forge ice rink, where events take place all year round
• A skate park where everyone is welcome.
The adventure in Châtellerault does not stop there. Heritage lovers will love to visit Blossac Theater whose interior has been renovated on the exact model of "Italian" theatres. The visits take you behind the scenes, on the stage and in the different levels, to discover details as surprising as they are interesting.
6. Visits to local vineyards and wine tastings
A stone's throw from the Futuroscope park, five vineyards produce AOC Haut-Poitou appellation wine. The culture of the vine has existed there since the Gallo-Roman era, on clay-limestone soils, very present in the region. It is the lightness that first characterizes the wines of Haut-Poitou!
Visit the cellars to discuss with the producers and discover their products:
• Domaine de Villemont
• Domain of the Rotisserie
• Domaine de la Treille Guérin
• Domain of the Beaumont Tower
• Domaine des Renardières